Hence, citizens, in addition to working every day to improve their environment, are demanding organizations, industries and companies to do the same, demanding that they have a social purpose, that they reduce the production of waste and that they contribute to living together in a greener, breathable and healthier environment for all.
Undoubtedly, a challenge of capital importance for companies, which are called to set an example and be part of the change, taking action and betting on promoting the culture of recycling, the circular economy and the improvement of waste management , among many other environmental solutions
But how do you get your organization to be part of that change? What environmental actions should it take and why? At Naeco, previously Nortpalet we explain the many benefits and opportunities that being a company that recycles today provides, that strives to promote practices based on sustainability, that favour the reuse of materials and the reduction of waste.
What benefits does recycling bring?
Recycling is a term that goes far beyond reducing environmental impact, since, in addition to improving our environment, it offers companies numerous other advantages that it is important to value and consider.
Here are some of the most outstanding environmental and corporate benefits that recycling brings:
• Reduces waste disposal and treatment costs, by generating less amount destined for landfills and incinerators.
• Save on natural resources such as wood or minerals, thus avoiding their scarcity and future extinction.
• Extends the life cycle of raw materials.
• Availability of resources at the lowest cost.
• Saves on energy consumption.
• Opens the doors to new job opportunities and business projects.
• The implementation of recycling programs translates, in the medium and long term, into greater economic, environmental, and social benefits.
• Implementing more sustainable Corporate Social Responsibility strategies provide greater value to organizations.
The importance of Corporate Social Responsibility of companies
The CSR of an entity seeks to generate a positive impact on the environment by designing a specific action plan that promotes initiatives and implements practical measures in order to promote more responsible management and more sustainable production inside and outside the company.
In addition, it is proven that betting on a CSR policy brings more value to organizations. In fact, it has become a key and indispensable factor in any business strategy that wants to be successful today.
But why is it so necessary to adopt a culture of Corporate Social Responsibility in a company? What benefits does it bring? Fundamentally because society demands and demands it. But this is not the only reason. There are many advantages that are obtained. These are some of the most outstanding:
• Improves business reputation and adds differential value to our product and brand.
• Build loyalty and attract new customers.
• Facilitates access to new market sectors and attracts new investors.
• Increase public contracting.
• Encourage innovation.
• Reduces production costs, energy expenditure and minimizes risks.
Environmental challenges for companies
Companies have the obligation to be part of the solution and engine of change in the transition towards a circular economy, which contributes to moving towards the culture of recycling and sustainable development. In this way, we will achieve a positive impact on the environment. But to achieve these important objectives it is necessary to bet on:
• Manufacture and develop products using recycled plastic materials.
• The production of sustainable plastic products to develop logistics solutions that ensure the good condition of goods during transport and storage, such as reusable plastic pallets.
• The reuse of plastic in various uses.
• Design more packaging and ECO packaging.
• More disruptive innovation because technology will undoubtedly become a fundamental lever for change that will transform recycling and will drive the creation of the packaging of the future.
Conclusion: more reduce, reuse, and recycle
There is no doubt, recycling is a sustainable activity that protects the health of our planet and ourselves. Therefore, companies must lead this fight, take the reins on this urgent matter, and become an example to follow.
At Naeco, previously Nortpalet, we have always been committed to sustainability in the manufacture of our products. Hence, our pallets are conceived and based on three basic principles: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
And what environmental measures is your organization applying? If you are thinking of giving a sustainable turn to your company, act now. Bet on solutions that favour recycling, the circular economy and the implementation of ecological policies that allow you to be part of the change.