To this end, they develop actions that increase sustainability, commit to a more responsible recycling culture based on quality and put into practice strategies, such as the circular economy, that favor and extend the useful life of objects. In this way they achieve three benefits: grant them endless uses, reuse them, and contribute to the reduction of waste and its polluting effect.
Likewise, taking into account the vital importance that this type of practice has for our environment, the plastics industry has undoubtedly been one of the most committed sectors in this matter and, therefore, has contributed the most to the time to improve resource efficiency, taking an active role in terms of sustainability, but how can this high-priority objective be achieved?
Actions to avoid
One of the biggest ecological problems, which pollutes and harms the environment the most, has nothing to do with the plastic material itself, but rather with the irresponsible use that is made of it. As demonstrated by a report published in the United Kingdom in this regard, one of the most negative actions and those with the direst consequences is related to our obsession with single-use plastic.
With this practice, the opportunity to take advantage of the great added value and the numerous advantages and solutions that plastic containers provide, when they are given a multitude of uses and choose to extend their life cycle, is being lost, through a recycling chain closed, which guarantees zero waste.
Sustainable and ecological alternatives
When it comes to helping to reduce the environmental impact, it is important to offer sustainable alternatives based, as we have already indicated, on the recycling of multipurpose plastic that can convert plastic products and packaging into 100% reusable, recyclable or compostable elements. .
Turning this ecological and environmental protection philosophy into its greatest value, Naeco, previously Nortpalet, a company specialized in the manufacture of pallets and other plastic elements, has invested all its efforts in promoting solutions based on the production of reusable equipment that contribute to a circular economy, but what does this mean and what benefits does it bring?
The key to environmental sustainability at Naeco, previously Nortpalet
Reusable plastics, created with a fundamentally sustainable vision, are an integral part of many supply chains in Reusable Transport Elements or ERTs (pallets, containers, boxes or others). The same happens in Naeco, previously Nortpalet, since the environmental commitment that we acquire when manufacturing our products is a sine qua non condition for the entire team, but how is it achieved? What is the key to our sustainability policy? Without a doubt, one of our fundamental principles is based on transforming waste into valuable resources and we do it, focusing on the following actions:
• Making our products with materials from recycled plastics. At this point, the important thing is to find the material that offers the most efficient mechanical and economic performance. Therefore, depending on these requirements, you can choose between various materials and / or qualities. Naeco, previously Nortpalet has a Purchasing and Quality department. Both are in charge of guaranteeing that the standards set by the company are met, obtaining a sustainable product that preserves its benefits and the quality demanded by the market.
• Using material from plastic products that are at the end of their useful life or of post-industrial origin to produce new products. In this way the number of wastes is substantially reduced, achieving a new product.
• Transforming the plastic from post-consumer waste (yellow container) into a new resource for creating plastic pallets. In this way, we generate a sustainable recycling chain, achieving an extensive life cycle and zero waste.
• Basing our products on Eco-design and Circular Economy systems. This means that we design products to be deconstructed at the end of their life cycle. The objective, to transform waste into valuable resources. To comply with this principle, we developed a process called Move Green, through which we managed to reduce waste, reuse it and finally recycle it.
• Repurchasing our own products. In line with the previous point, at Naeco, previously Nortpalet we have developed a recovery program for our pallets once they reach the end of their useful life. It is called the Buy Back Program, and what is achieved is to recover the pallets, once their useful life is over, crushing them and treating them appropriately to be reintroduced into the chain as raw material to obtain a new product. In this way, our clients recover part of the initial investment and generate ZERO WASTE. The objective of this system is to accompany the product in all its stages, from its production, repair, and recycling, and later, through its repurchase, converting the waste into a new resource through a closed and infinite loop.
Reusable plastics: competitive advantage in the logistics area
Pallets and other plastic containers for various uses are undoubtedly sustainable solutions that, in addition to responding to numerous common business logistical needs, such as, for example, in the transport of goods, sometimes also help to cover other essential services, highly specialized within the supply chain.
In this sense, Naeco, previously Nortpalet over the years has also known how to distinguish itself within the plastics industry by developing all kinds of custom reusable solutions, always manufactured with materials, both recycled and virgin, depending on the sector or application that is used. decide to give and turn these solutions, in turn, into an important competitive advantage.
We all need to be much more responsible when using plastic packaging and that we must strive every day to promote an increasingly sustainable and ecological awareness, with the aim of preserving our environment. That is why the increased use of reusable plastic pallets and packaging will not only allow for a more sensible and committed recycling, but will also offer a competitive solution, which will be key in the future of logistics and also in the supply chain for many years.