These two actions are essential to minimize the dangers of bacteriological contamination during handling food and pharmaceutical products, for example. Thus, they guarantee the products reach their destination in perfect conditions.
To fulfil these key objectives, it is important the companies improve their protocols, adding new measures and applying additional logistical protection solutions, such as plastic pallets which guarantee the safety of products in storage and during transit.
Key measures to strengthen safety and hygiene in logistics
To improve the safety and cleaning in the supply chain, especially for food or pharmaceutical industry, it’s necessary to follow a guideline:
- Maximizing hygiene and cleaning of facilities. It is essential to reinforce hygiene protocols in facilities, warehouses, and laboratories to improve the general hygiene and avoid contamination of perishable and sensitive products. We should also apply these protocols to the machines and reusable transport elements such as the plastic pallets.
- Increasing the frequency of disinfection actions. To minimize damage and remove residuals that may represent a risk for the goods, it is necessary to frequently disinfect the logistics facilities, machines and tools. Detergent, gels, alcohol, pesticides, or anti-microbial products are powerful disinfectants that eliminate parasites, bacteria and accumulated dirt.
- Wash your hands frequently. If you carry out handling in the food industry or in a laboratory, it is important to have a strict personal hygiene. Always washing your hands at the beginning of the working day, before touching food, after handling residue or by finalizing cleaning tasks. These are some of the basic rules that are required of employees.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment and respect the standards established for limiting the risks at work. The use of gloves, masks, protective glasses and other PPE during the working day helps protecting the health of employees and facilitate the tasks of maintenance and cleaning.
Hygienic plastic pallets: The key to safer and more hygienic logistics
The measures of personal hygiene and workspace disinfection are fundamental, but it is also important to establish logistic solutions which guarantee hygiene and safety during the handling, transport and storage of products, especially for delicate and perishable products.
The plastic pallet is a key element to achieve this objective: To provide optimum hygiene and stability conditions. You will find below some specificities:
- Respect the requirements of phytosanitary Standards and European quality Standards. The plastic material of the pallets complies with the safety and cleaning standards required by the APPCC directive (HACCP).
- Suitable for use in food environment. Plastic pallet´s use is necessary in applications where the highest priority is hygiene, such as in meat industry, in handling of fresh and perishable products or in white rooms.
- Waterproof and antibacterial. Plastic pallets can be used in a humid environment because they are made of impermeable plastic material which prevents the accumulation of fungi, bacteria or spread of insects.
- Easy to clean, they accept all types of disinfectants. Quick to clean and resistant to exhaustive cleaning without damage. The water and other cleaning products can´t penetrate the material, avoiding affecting the structure of the pallet.
- Suitable for indoor storage, distribution, and transport. There is a wide range of plastic pallets in the catalog to cover specific needs in logistics and storage.
- Offer a long durability. Plastic pallets have a high resistance to breakage and deformation, and so improve its durability. They don´t break as easily as wooden pallets.
Improving safety and hygiene in the supply chain is essential for achieving aseptic environments. In this way, we take care of the health of the staff and the quality of products.