Implementing new smart technologies together with promoting changes in the business culture that promote greater ecological and sustainable awareness in the different business processes, among them, logistics are some of the key elements that will favour the digital transformation to reach the entire chain of distribution, from the storage area to the distribution of products or what is known by the last mile.
Betting on smart logistics offers numerous advantages to the business, but to obtain the desired profitability and benefits it is necessary to address and solve the great present and future challenges that arise before, do you want to know how to integrate it into your day to day to gain more efficiency and know all the possibilities that Logistic 4.0 can offer you?
Logistics 4.0: technological enablers, innovative ideas, and greater ecological awareness
Talking about Logistics 4.0 means starting a digital transformation process that achieves, for example, that the supply and distribution chain of a company is much smarter, more connected and more technologically advanced, thanks, on the one hand, to digital enablers. based on data such as Business Intelligence, Big Data, Machine Learning and, on the other hand, tools that favour connectivity, intelligent automation and 100% secure traceability at any point in the chain through the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence or blockchain.
In addition to the huge data collection and exhaustive analysis that these technological enablers offer us to inform us about the status of our products in real time, other technologies are also involved, such as RFID systems for inventory control, WMS for automatic management. of warehouses, GPS systems for route optimization and even drones that analyse the stock.
Undoubtedly, the union of all these technologies is characterized by the great role played by hyperconnectivity and digitization in the different work processes, thereby helping to drive logistics 4.0 to, among other things, gain efficiency, reduce costs, time , optimize decision-making and make the most of resources to improve the profitability of the area and therefore of the entire business. But technology is not the only important factor during the digital transformation process.
The path to change goes far beyond the simple implementation of disruptive technologies. It must be accompanied by a revolutionary and innovative way of thinking that also emphasizes greater ecological awareness, more sustainable work systems are integrated, and ranges of eco-friendly materials are used. All these factors are highly valued and considered today by the client when choosing products and services.
Great present and future challenges in logistics 4.0
Addressing a true digital transformation that turns our industry into 4.0 implies having to face important challenges in aspects as essential as logistics. To achieve that digitization reaches all areas and improves our distribution chain, it is necessary to develop and consider the following points:
• Take advantage of smart logistics. Bet, for example, on management software that facilitates the automation of internal processes in the warehouse, minimizing errors in order preparation and reducing waste.
• Control the traceability of the entire distribution chain. Both of each product and the entire end-to-end process. It is important to have the merchandise monitored from loading to destination, knowing, for example, to which batches the merchandise shipped belongs. Any incident thanks to traceability can be resolved efficiently and in short periods of time.
• Implement advanced systems to manage warehouses and distribute goods. The use of drones or autonomous driverless vehicles to deliver orders, predictive customer behaviour analytics to reduce product delivery failures or evaluate in real time external unforeseen events that may arise in order to select the best route or detect possible problems that the products may have before reaching their destination, are some of the advantages offered by logistics 4.0.
• Bet on sustainability and "zero waste" in production. We consider it to be a fundamental pillar. That is why at Naeco, previously Nortpalet, our main objective is based on being able to integrate an ecological philosophy focused on sustainable processes that include the reuse of 100% recyclable plastic products, establish zero waste strategies for plastic pallets and favor the circular economy, among other methods. sustainable. Thanks to new technologies and working in a 4.0 environment, at Naeco, previously Nortpalet, we can convert waste into raw materials, giving it a new useful life but preserving its initial mechanical properties and obtaining complete traceability of the product.
The differential contribution of Naeco, previously Nortpalet, in the achievement of a sustainable Logistics 4.0
Since the beginning of our activity, the value of producing a sustainable product is and has always been one of our highest priorities. For this reason, the plastic pallets that we manufacture at Naeco, previously Nortpalet, are characterized by the following aspects:
• They are made of 100% recycled plastic. In this way, a greater sustainable awareness is promoted, and the production of harmful elements is reduced, avoiding the generation of waste and therefore minimizing the environmental impact.
• Promote “zero waste” strategies. This means that our pallets can be reused until the end of their useful life, at which time they return to the factory to be crushed and processed with the aim of turning them into raw material again and in this way promoting strategies that do not generate waste. to the packaging used.
• Implement a closed circuit that favors the circular economy. We rely on transforming the waste into raw material to make pallets again and again in a closed and infinite loop. In this way, a closed-circuit system is established within the industrial process itself that favors the circular economy.
• Apply reverse logistics solutions. This term is related to the previous point and refers to the fact that the pallet, once empty, can return to the centers to be used again. With reusable plastic pallets we contribute to reducing the environmental impact to a minimum and to developing a responsible recycling system. Its longer useful life and its design are two key factors in favor of the reverse logistics of certain circuits and obtaining maximum profitability.
• The digitization of all production processes. Through new smart technologies it has been possible to obtain complete traceability of all production, from raw material to finished product.
At present, adapting the logistics of companies to the Industry 4.0 of the future is an imperative that requires initiating digital transformation processes that merge disruptive technology, mentality and more sustainable production systems to be more efficient, competitive and highly valued by a society current, increasingly committed and ecologically aware.
Therefore, in the face of this new reality, Naeco, previously Nortpalet, has opted to move towards an Industry 4.0, making a strong investment that has allowed it to improve its different processes, optimize resources and thus also favor sustainability, a key factor for us and that distinguishes us as a company.
Are you looking for sustainable logistics solutions to transport and store your merchandise safely and efficiently?