The fact that more than 750,000 businesses in our country belong to this sector, makes this industry one of the most demanding, in terms of logistics operations.
For that reason, caring for the details and optimizing resources within companies is a must. The importance of integrating new elements that offer greater efficiency and security throughout the entire supply chain will make a difference compared to the competition
But how to get it? The truth is that the logistics area has advanced a lot in recent years and this evolution, in addition to the digitalization of processes, has had much to do with the replacement of traditional wooden pallets by plastic pallets.
Proof of this, is that in the Retail sector and more specifically, within the textile industry, plastic pallets are becoming more important. Large clothing brands have chosen to implement the plastic pallet to their logistics circuits thanks to its enormous advantages.
Being a very delocalized sector and where the location of production and / or logistics centers is often far from the points of sale, the plastic pallet becomes the perfect solution to manage your entire circuit from your origin until the final sale to the client as well as the entire reverse logistics process.
Naeco, one of the largest manufacturers of plastic pallets in Spain, tells us the main advantages of the plastic pallet for these circuits after having worked several years in the implementation of this type of projects with many of the leading companies in the textile sector.
What advantages does the plastic pallet offer to the textile industry?
Nowadays, achieving good logistics management allows, among other things, to renew entire collections in times that were previously unthinkable, increasing the rotation of the product at lower costs. For that reason, using plastic pallets, companies can obtain the following benefits:
- Reduce transport costs carrying products, as well as returning empty. In fact, with plastic pallets you can increase the number of units transported by trailer, exceeding in some cases, the 1.900 pallets compared to the 500 transported in case of wooden pallets.
- Improve the picking. More and more retailers are using plastic pallets for their picking activities, creating a closed circuit between distribution centres and stores. As nestable and highly functional models exist, it helps reducing the logistics cost for each movement.
- They are lighter than the traditional pallets, what helps to reduce the environmental impact. One of the direct advantages and positive aspects that plastic pallets bring to the logistics processes of the textile sector, is the reduction of CO2 emissions favoring the protection of the environment. In addition, this type of pallets is manufactured from 100% recycled plastic materials and are 100% recyclable at the end of their useful life.
- Optimize storing and space costs. They also reduce considerably the space they occupy when empty, both in the warehouse and in the back room. Therefore, the Naeco’s most requested solution by textile companies is the nestable BASIC range.
- Facilitate your handlings. Being much lighter than wooden pallets, it is guaranteed to handle the goods more efficiently, quickly and without any risk of injury.
- Its design and material prevent the deterioration of the floor surfaces in store. This type of pallets is characterized by being made of plastic and in one piece, so that, unlike wood, do not spread off splinters or pins. This way you avoid damage to the parquet and other types of surfaces when the pallet enters the store to place the goods on.
- Improve visual impact. Plastic pallets offer a better visual impact, in accordance with the goods it handles.
- They can be stored outdoors. So, the storing space is reduced.
- Longer useful life of the plastic pallet compared to its counterpart wooden pallet. By having greater durability, the same pallet can make more movements in the circuit, reducing thus significantly the cost per movement.
- Residual value at the end of its useful life, the plastic pallets at the end of their useful life still has an economic value, once recycled, they are used to inject a new item. In this way the client recovers part of the initial investment.
With the incorporation of plastic pallets to the retail sector and more specifically to textile’s, it has been possible not only to improve logistics, increasing speed, efficiency, and safety throughout the entire supply chain, but also it has helped to protect the environment and promote sustainability.