For years plastic has been a material demonized to the extreme. It has been blamed for almost all existing environmental problems. It has been written about him that he kills marine fauna, rivers of ink have been made to run on how negative and harmful it can be for our health. Nothing could be further from the truth. Despite the fear that it raises, largely the result of ignorance that exists, plastic is a sustainable material, whose applications in technological, medical, and industrial matters provide multiple benefits to our daily lives.
The benefits of plastic
To dismantle the false myths spread over the years about plastic and in order to publicize its main benefits, the Technological Institute of Plastic, on the occasion of the launch of the campaign "Do not blame plastic" reveals some great truths about this material in order that both individuals and companies consume, use and recycle responsibly.
Do you want to know some of its main advantages? Naeco, previously Nortpalet, manufacturers of plastic pallets, presents the great versatility of this material and why its use is so positive for human life.
1. Guarantees safety for health. Plastic is the material subjected to more controls than the rest and complies with the most demanding international regulations.
2. Preserve food and avoid waste. Food lasts longer while preserving all its quality.
3. It is used in advanced medicine and security systems. Plastic saves lives due to its common use in the health sector, more specifically in surgeries, bionic applications, as a support for organ development and even for the transport of supplies. They also play a fundamental role in home and building security systems, in fire-fighting technologies, in the safety of cars with airbags and seat belts.
4. It is durable. It is proven that 60% of products made with plastics last from 5 to 50 years. Its high durability saves many resources.
5. Oil reserves are not endangered. Only 4% to 6% of European oil and gas consumption goes to the manufacture of plastics.
6. It saves water, energy, and CO2 emissions. With this material, micro-irrigation systems can be implemented, which favor water saving in the agricultural sector. In addition, thanks to plastic, cars emit less Co2, also benefiting the transport industry.
7. It is recyclable. To make good use of plastic, it is essential to have a responsible attitude among all and to manage waste with awareness, reusing and recycling products.
Naeco, (previously Nortpalet): Plastic pallets with a sustainable vocation
Considering the infinite advantages exposed with respect to plastic, it is normal that Naeco, previously Nortpalet, bet on plastic material for the manufacture of its pallets. Our company, made up of professionals, with a high commitment and environmental awareness, works only with sustainable elements and develops products, applying at all times the philosophy of the circular economy, which consists of extending the useful life of the equipment, from its production to the time of recycling.
Plastic is not a problem for the environment if it is managed and used in the right way. With conscientious use it is a sustainable and ecological option. It is important that consumers make a more responsible use of this material, through good waste management and product recycling. Hence, companies, such as Naeco, previously Nortpalet, with a strong sustainable vocation, capable of basing their production on the circular economy and creating projects that solve great human challenges, will end up becoming leading organizations within their business sector in the future.