These are two very different product lines, whose destination is divided between two main sales channels, RETAIL and HORECA, or what is the same, hotels, restaurants and cafes.
Considering that bottles, like other products in the F&B sector, require many daily transfers, since they must travel from production plants to distribution centers, then go through the points of sale and finally return to the supplier, it is necessary to ensure safe and reliable transport of goods.
In addition, bottles transfers, unlike other consumer goods have a particularity which is reusable, or glass containers must go inside a plastic box and travel placed on a pallet. Therefore, one of the most optimal and efficient solutions that are being used for this purpose are plastic pallets because, in addition to being very resistant and stable elements, they are also lightweight and easy to handle, a key logistic point for the bottling sector.
But these are not the only advantages offered by plastic pallets when it comes to optimizing the transport of these products. From Naeco, we present below six compelling reasons proving their suitability and why they can turn out to be the best option for the sector.
Advantages of the plastic pallet for the transfer of bottles:
Most of the bottled beverage that is distributed is transported by conventional pallets owned or in pool pallets- but plastic is the perfect material for these closed or semi-open circuits, since it is the one that offers the most security and fits the most when it comes to do efficiently the logistics work of bottling companies. We explain why:
- They protect the environment. Being made in100% recyclable plastic, its use contributes to reduce CO2 emissions and to favour in consequence the elimination of waste and reduce the environmental impact.
- -Its high durability. Unlike wooden pallets, plastic pallets do not deteriorate, so their life cycle is infinitely greater, thus allowing more containers to be transported and with a high safety guarantee.
- They are more hygienic. The plastic is a waterproof material that prevents the production of bacterial foci and the accumulation of other microorganisms inside. This essential feature makes the plastic pallet an ideal solution for the sector.
- They bare heavy weights. As it is a very resistant material, it can bare high loads and therefore contain a greater product capacity.
- They are very light. This allows to the transfer of goods and the handling of the pallets to be much easier and efficient in each one of the rotation points.
- They are sustainable. The material of plastic pallets is always an asset for the company. This means that once their life cycle is completed, the damaged pallets can be recycled to become new units, generating economic benefits for the company.
Considering the numerous benefits that plastic pallets provide when it comes to guaranteeing a safe, fast and efficient transport in the bottling sector, it is not surprising that industry professionals trust and opt more and more for the use of this type of products within the companies’ logistics and distribution areas.
Therefore, when it comes to providing a service that ensures quality results, Naeco has a range of products designed by and for this specific sector. It is the EXPERT range, ideal to cover and guarantee all the needs of the bottle companies.
Naeco has developed a pallet for the HORECA channel. The EXPERT 1210-O6. This product has been designed to meet the specific needs of this channel where it is usual to transport different types of returnable containers. It is a pallet made of recycled plastic and weights 22.80 kg, indeed lighter than the wood equivalent, but allows loads up to 1.250 kg in dynamic and 8,000 kg in static.
Some of the advantages obtained with this model:
- Increase one more row of product per pallet.
- Optimize mass storage by achieving up to 4 heights.
- Reduce transportation costs by transporting more goods on each trip.
- And all this reduces the cost per movement of the plastic pallet compared to the conventional pallets.